(Corporate Specification for Oil Field Chemicals)Specification of Corrosion Inhibitor for Water injection in Mumbai Assets(ONGS / WIC / 09 / 2007)
Physical State :
The material shell be in the form of homogenous and free flowing liquid at 24±2o
C and shall be free from visible impurities
Miscibility and compatibility with sea water : Should be miscible and compatible
Compatibility with other water injuction chemicals in use : should pass compatibility test
Thermal Stability Test
should be stable up to 90 ± 5o
Viscosity of Neat Corrosion Inhibitor at 300 rpm at 24 ± o
using a Fann VG Meter or Equivalent : 200 (Maximum)
Corrosivity of Neat Product Product with API Steel coupon when exposed for 7 days at ambient temperature under open conditions, mpy : 1.0 (Maximum)
Performance Tests :
Performance Evaluation :
- Test Conditions :
- Corrodant Media : It consists of sea water (Injuction water from water Injuction Platform) containing less than 0.1 ppm of Dissolved Oxygen
- Metel Coupons : The coupons shall be of API 5LX steel, with approximate size of 30mm X 3-4 mm of thickness (Total Surface Area of all sides taken together fhall be aroun 18 ± 2sq. cm) The Surface Finish shall be to 300 emery grit, free from pits and scratches.
- Test Temperature : 50 ± 2oC
- Corrosion Inhibitor Dose : 20ppm (w / v)
- Exposure Period :
- 168 hours for Sragnant Test
- 24 Hours for Dynamic Test
- Performence Test Methods :
- (a) Stagnant (Static) test
- (b) Dynemic Wheel Test
Calculate the Efficincy of the Inhibitor by comparing the Weight Loss of the Coupon in inhibited System with that in Uninhibited System(Blank test without inhibotor addition) after tests under both Static And Dynemic Conditions and Visually examine the condition of the Coupons after each test : Inhibition Efficiency of the corrosion inhibitor should not be less then 80% in each case of static and dynemic tests. Inhibited Test Coupons shall be free from pits and scratches on visual inspection, under Static as well as Dynamic test condition.
In case compatibility (at SL no. 3) is also to be seen with bactericides, same shall be specified by concerned user group Asset / Basin
New HDPE Barrel containing 180 kg net material of capacity 220 it and IS6312 / IMDG mark.
Each barrel should have clear legible marking as given below :
- Name of the product / Brand Name
- Name of Supplier / Manufacturer.
- Date / Month / Year of Manufaturing.
- Supply order no. against which supplies are made.
- Lot no & Barrel No.
- Batch no.
- Consignee address
- Gross Wright and Net Weight
- Hazard warning if any