(Corporate Specification for Oil Field Chemicals)Specification of Corrosion Inhibitor for Oil Line(ONGS / PC / 04 / 2007)
Physical State :
The material shell be a free flowing homogenous liquid at 24±2o
C, free from visible impurities
Viscosity of the product at 300 rpm using a fann VG Mater or Equipment at 24 ± 2o
C cp - 200 (maximum)
Corrosivity of the Neat Product, mpy -
Compatibility and Emulstication :
The material shall be compatible with the mixture and shall not from emulsion.
Tendency of the Product with a Mixture of Untreated Crude Oil Mix (prepared by mixing 140 ml of Crude Oil with 60 ml of AR Grade Xylene) and Brine Corrodant at 24 ± 2o
C :The interface sludge pad thickness shall not be more then 5% after five houre.
Thermal Stability Test
The material shall be stable up to 80 ± 2o
Performance Tests :
Performance Evaluation :
- Test Condition :
- (a)it consister of 3.2% Sodium Chloride (LR Grade) solution in Distilled Water, having Disolved Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Content in the range of 1250 ± 50 ppnt at 24 ± 2oC
- (b)Take 140 ml Untereated Crude Oil and add 60 ml of AR-Grade Xylene.
- The ratio of (a) Brine Corrodant (b) Untreated Crude Oil shall be 90:10 and total volume shall be 150 ml
- Metal Coupons : The Coupons shall be of API-5LX Steel, with approximate size of 30 mm X 25 mm X 3 - 4 mm of thickness (Total Surface Area of all sides taken together shell be aruond 18 ± 2cm2) The Surface Finesh shall be 300 emery grit, from pits and scratches.
- Test Temperature : 50 ± 2oC
- Corrosion Inhabitor Dose with respect to the Aqueous Brine Solution : 35 ppm (w / v)
- Exposure Perios :
- 168 hours for Sragnant Test
- 24 Hours for Dynamic Test
- Performence Test Methods :
- (a) Stagnant test
- (b) Dynemic Wheel Test
Calculate the Efficincy of the Inhibitor by comparing the Weight Loss of the Coupon in inhibited System with that in Uninhibited System(Blank test without inhibotor addition) after tests under both Static And Dynemic Conditions and Visually examine the condition of the Coupons efter each test : Inhibition Efficiency of the corrosion inhibitor should not be less then 80% in each case of static and dynemic Tests. Inhibited Test Coupons shall be free erom pits and scratches on visual inspection, under Static as well as Dynamic test condition.
The Source of Crude Oil is to be specified for individual requirments of different Assets.
New HDPE Barrel containing 190 kg Material of type 2A Class-L quality conforming to IS-6312 / IMDG mark capacity 220 litres
Each barrel should have clear legible marking as given below :
- Name of the product / Braend Name
- Name of Manufacturer.
- Month / Year of Manufaturer.
- Supply order no. against which supplies are made.
- Lot no., batch no. & Barrel No.
- Gross Wright / Net Weight
- Hazard warning if any