Corporate Specification for Oil Field Chemicals Specification of Bactericide(ONGC / WIC / 04 / 2007)
Physical State :
The material shall be in the from of a homeogenous free flowing liquid at 24±2 o
C, free from visible impurites.
Turbidity of the Neat Sample, NTU :
Miscibility of 1% (w/v) Sample in Fine Filtered Injection Water :
Should be completely miscible.
Compatibility Test :
Turbidity of the Filtered Injection Water treated with Other Water Injection Chemical available in the asset/Basin when mixid with 100 ppm of Bactericide Sample, NTU
Thermial Stability Test :
Should be stable uo to ± 5o
Test for Functional Groups :
Performence Test :
- Aldehyde Group Test (Schiff s Tollen s Test) : Positive
- Amine Group Test (Nitrous acid Test) : Nagetive
Clause to be stipulated in NIT :
- On Suphate reducing Bacteria : None of the bottles should show blackening till the end of the incubation period.
At the start of the test the Sample Bactericide at 100 mg/litre concentration in duplicate bottles, is inoulated with Sulphate Reducing Bacteria challenge i.e 1% Inculum taken from a fully grown culture. (Test Solution contain = 8.9 ml Strile Injuction Water + 1.0 ml (1000 mg /1 litre). Sample Solution + 0.1 ml Culture. Serial Dilution up to 10-4dilution of the Sample taken from each of end of 4 hour Contact tIme. Incubation is carried out for 28 days.
Test is carried out at 35 ± 1oC and atmospheric pressure.
- On Aerobic Bacteria :None of the bottels should show turbidity till the end of the indubation period.
At the start of the test, the Sample Bactericide at 100 mg / liter concentration in duplicate bottels is inculated with Aerobic Bacteria challeng, i. e. 1% Inoculum taken from a fully grown culture, (Test Solution contains 8.9 ml Sterile Injection Water + 1.0 ml (1000 mg/litir) Sample Solution + 1.0 ml Culture. SerialDilution up to 10-4 dilution of the sample taken from each of these bottles is carred out at end of 4 houre Contact Time. Incubation is carred out for 4 days (96 hours).
Test is carried out at 35±1oC and atmospheric pressure.
- The Manufacturer shall certify that Bactricide sypplied is stable during storege and transit and also that it dose not require any gas blanket in storeg. the Manufecturer should also certify that the Bacctiriciade supplied is of surface actic amine type..In case the Manufacturer/Supplier is offering quaternary Amine Type Bactericiade, the same shuold be indicated..
New HDPE barrels containing 200 kg net meterials Type 2.A Class L. Capacity 220 Lts of 6312 IMDG mark.
Each barrel shell have clearly legible marking given below :
Important Note :
- Supply Order No.Name of the ManufecturarName of the Product/ BrandMonth/year of ManufecturingLot No. and batch No.Gross Weagth & Net Weaght of the berrelAddress of the Consignce
The Manufecturer shell certify that the Bactericide Supplied is stable during storage and transit and alsothat it dose not require anyges blanket in storege. product should be surface active amine type.In case the supplier is offering quatemary amine type bactericide, the same should be indicated.